Thank you for being silly with me. For texting and calling me all the time. For visiting me at work and standing outside in the cold just to be there to “entertain me”. To introducing me to some certain apps on my phone 😉 For playing Maroon 5 loud while we are driving around and singing along with me to. For being a wonderfully sweet man who I trust completely. I am so happy and thankful for you being in my life.
Over the past view years I have made new friends, lost some, and began to realize which ones will be with me for the rest of my life. I love when I meet someone new in a crazy situation, and after a short time I know that we are going to become best friends almost immediately. One of those friends is a man that I met more than a year ago.
The wonderful things about Dan:
- He is a true Iowan, with awesome Mid-West values and beliefs
- He will send me text at the perfect moment when I need to smile…how does he always know when to do this? 🙂
- He is kind and caring
- I know he will always be there for me, this includes helping me move in the future…going out for lunch…getting a drink…or calling me to chat
- We both love nature, and we have spent a lot of time outside enjoying it together
- He is teaching me about Iowa farming and cows, even better baby cows!
- He supports my decision for going back to school, and he always reminds me that I will become an amazing teacher. (This means so much to me when I have had a rough day in the classroom.)
Here is Dan and I at an Iowa football game earlier in the season. We bleed black and gold.
Learning how to farm the corn fields.
A perfect image for the end…
I have been having a rough past couple of days (almost a week now). A few days ago was the anniversary of my best friend’s passing. I sent Dan a text explaining my thoughts, and he called me right away. Then he continues to text me wonderful messages reminding me that each day will get better, and if I need anything to get a hold of him. This image of a road during a beautiful Iowa day one of the amazing texts I received from Dan. He took this when he was out one day, and he knows how much I adore nature. As soon as I opened the text of this image, along with the line “Just for you” I couldn’t stop smiling all day.
I know each person has a friend like Dan. Tell them thank you the next time you see them, or contact them soon and tell them how much you appreciate them. Everyone loves to hear it. Who cares if you feel silly telling them how much you adore them. Do it. Give specific examples, and continue this same process with all of your friends who touch your heart.
until again, alc