Items to work on in order to begin to live a full life. With a healthy body. A happy heart. An intelligent mind. And a fulfilled soul.
- Less caffeine– I am going to start working on this by cutting pop out of my system. Although I am going to still have one coffee beverage a day, because if I don’t do that for starters my mind will probably explode from the withdraw headache I would have. Then I would like to cut that out and move over to tea. Update: The last day I had a can of soda was on August 9th, 2012. I had one day where I was really upset, and I was craving a Coke so I got one. I had a sip, and that was all I could do. I am so happy that I stopped drinking soda, but now I have to start working harder on other things in my life to become more healthy. But no pop is completed! 🙂
- Work out more– I get on these kicks were I will work out for about a week or two, and then I just stop. I need to make it part of my normal routine. It will not only make me stronger, but it will make me a lot happier. And less stressed out. Win. Win. Win.
- Better grades– I was on the Dean’s List during my spring semester, and then I received two A’s and one B from my summer courses. I will be graduating in May 2013, and my goal is to raise my overall GPA to 3.5. I think that is a pretty good goal to have for my Education Certification from the University of Iowa.
- Eat Healthier– I am a fast food junkie. I like to eat out. I like fried food. I need to start preparing my meals at home, healthy and fresh meals…local ingredients. Less processed food. More natural. I also need to do more reading and research about this topic because I really don’t know enough about it yet to truly make a lifestyle change. But I will.
- Save more money and pay off my bills– I have two credit cards with a balance on them. I have completely paid off one 🙂 but I need to get these other two taken care of. I will have my student loans to start to pay on once March comes around, and I know that I will have them for years and years, but I am really understanding how important it is to take control of my finances. To continue to work on them. And to pay them off. Have a zero balance is a wonderful feeling. For the past 4 months I have not used my credit cards. (I lied, I used one of them once…) But my friend has two of my credit cards locked up in his safe, because of this I have been paying for everything I need with cash. This has caused a little bit of stress on my bank account, but I feel more accomplished when I know that my credit card balances are getting a little bit lower each month.
- Land my dream career– I am student teaching starting in January 2013, and after that I will be a full teacher. 100% ready to go. Able to have my own classroom. Writing lesson plans. Grading assignments. Educating 25+ students 5 days a week. I am nervous right now. Although I know that I will become more prepared, and I will be ready for the challenge when my time comes. I don’t own a house, I don’t have kids, I’m not married….should I leave Iowa and teach somewhere else for a few years? What is holding me back? Isn’t this the time to move and find myself? Or do I stay in the same city that I have lived in since 2005? The town where my parents, my sister and her family (including 2 nieces and 1 nephew), my job, and my comfort zone is…. Or do I live and try to find a job in a new environment? I just want a classroom in a good school where I am able to do my job as a teacher.
- Volunteer more– I volunteered about a month ago at United Way and I loved it. I will definitely be going back again to help their organization. I am going to do a post about it soon.
- Let things go– This is the whole, Don’t Stress the Small Stuff, but it is hard to do. I want to be able to not be as stressed out as I am. I need to be able to let go of the things that I can not control. This is something that I have been trying to work with my whole life, but not it is starting to affect my emotions and myself. I need to be able to breathe easily and let it go.
- Accept myself– Be able to love myself for who I am. Accept the mistakes I have made in the past and learn from them. Improve my future and realize I can make changes that actually make a difference in my own life.
Here are a few photos that help me relax and become a little bit happier after viewing them and remembering the moment I took them.
An Iowan July sunset. Red sunflowers I noticed when taking a walk during my break at work. Evie taking a bath and relaxing. My favorite flower, the iris. Sunset while I was at work.
More to come, until again… alc